The role of the shaman has always been to benefit their community or tribe. Transforming, creating harmony, educating and supporting the people around you can help to provide you with a stronger sense of your worth, boost your confidence, relieve feelings of isolation, help you gain your true voice, find a personal passion and provide a sense of belonging that you may have never experienced.
Our graduate training is designed to deepen your personal transformation and also mentor you to expand your gifts to better serve the transformation of your local community, town, school or workplace.
One of the ways we mentor is to assist our graduate students to create and implement projects in their local area.
Some individual projects have included:
- Working with municipalities to change green space use
- Creating marked trails and plant identification guides for a small city park
- Volunteering to create outdoor programs for local schools
- Organizing community garden projects
- Working with developers to create greener projects that have saved mature trees.
- Bringing the tenants of Reverent Participatory Relationship into corporate trainings
- Working with a community to found a church–specifically to address homeless issues
- Developing a odd-job business with the focus on spreading positive energy as service
- Learning effective herbal medicine practices to assist in underserved communities
- Mobilizing community to protect a local water source
- Using shamanic skills for animal communication at wildlife rehabilitation center
- Being trained to become an Advance Directive Facilitator
- …and many others
In addition, our graduate students are supported to deepen their personal transformations, to work with the elements, to engage with fellow students in creating support and much, much more.
Graduates of our program have been very diverse. We’ve mentored business people, nurses, physicians, teachers, tech workers, financial planners, lawyers, laborers, artists, counselors, engineers, mothers, fathers and many others from all across New England, New York, Virginia, the Mid-West, Florida, Georgia and California. Each of them is continuing to make a powerful difference where they live and work.
Our eighth graduate program begins in 2017 and will meet for a total of four intensive, long weekends at a lakeside location in coastal Maine. You will be bringing the work home by doing journeywork, specific exercises and ceremony on your land or near to where you live.
More details and registration information may be found here underneath the text about our next two-year training program: http://www.spiritpassages.com/initiatorytrainingprograms.html
© 2015 Evelyn C. Rysdyk
Nationally recognized shaman teacher/healer, speaker, and author of Spirit Walking a Course in Shamanic Power,A Spirit Walker’s Guide to Shamanic Tools, Modern Shamanic Living: New Explorations of an Ancient Path, and contributor to Spirited Medicine: Shamanism in Contemporary Healthcare; Evelyn C. Rysdyk delights in supporting people to remember their sacred place in All That Is. Whether through face-to-face contact with individual patients, workshop groups and conference participants, or through the printed word–Evelyn uses her loving humor and passion to open people’s hearts and inspire them to live more joyful, fulfilling and purposeful lives. Her web site is http://www.evelynrysdyk.com.